Whether you’re on the hunt for a high-energy dance club or a sophisticated lounge, these spots come alive when the sun goes down.
JOYÀ at Vidanta Riviera Maya | Playa del Carmen (pictured above)
Exclusive dinner and a show from Cirque du Soleil
- Created by Cirque du Soleil exclusively for Vidanta, the over-the-top show takes place in the on-site Cirque du Soleil theater that was designed and created specifically for JOYÀ by Grupo Vidanta
- The show weaves Mexican history and heritage into the story while everything from the costumes to the set design reflect the colorful culture of Mexico
- Custom-designed by Vidanta Executive Chef Alexis Bostelmann, the culinary experience mirrors the show with extravagant presentations and the original Moët Champagne Mercier, exclusive to the Cirque du Soleil Theater
Tip: Opt for the VIP package that includes an extraordinary dinner.
W Punta de Mita | Punta de Mita
Lounge-worthy beats in an eclectic atmosphere
- Music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- The colorful Living Room Bar and signature restaurant, Spice Market feature different DJ sets while Saturdays feature the hotel’s resident DJ spinning beats on the Wet Deck
- Special events range from Huichol Sunways, Bubbles & Beats and W Sessions
Glass Box at The Cape, a Thompson Hotel | Cabo San Lucas
A chic lounge with a modern take on craft cocktails
- A stunning geometric cube designed by the Mexican architect, Javier Sanchez
- Sip on signature cocktails infused with fruits and vegetables
- Expand your palate with complimentary mescal tastings every Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m.
Mixology Fusion Bar | San Jose del Cabo
A hip hideaway with premium cocktails
- Inspired by the speakeasy bars of the Prohibition Era, Mixology is found behind secret doors inside an antique house
- Access is granted to those with the password of the night, which can be solved through clues published on its Facebook page
- Open on Saturdays only from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. with the earlier hours featuring lounge music and a relaxing vibe and turning into a dance club with house music after midnight
Local Tip: On Thursday and Fridays, the bar turns into The Mixology Cocktail Club with Thursdays featuring Jazz and vintage music and Fridays, funky music.
CATCH at Thompson Playa del Carmen | Playa del Carmen
Come for the food, stay for the party
- Located on the rooftop, the hip sushi restaurant transforms into a trendy after-party when the sun goes down
- DJ sets, live performances and dancing in an energetic rooftop setting
- Sip, Savor and Play features nightly specials from 10 p.m. to close including ladies’ night on Thursdays, Champagne specials on Fridays, a resident DJ on Saturdays and industry nights on Sundays
Coco Bongo Show & Disco | Playa del Carmen
An upbeat mix of entertainment and lively fun
- Show-stopping theatrical performance with the high energy of a nightclub
- An eclectic blend of a circus performance, concert and theatre show
- Two additional locations in Cancun and Punta Cana
VIP: Grab the exclusive Diamond table for up to 15 people that includes a prime view of the show along with a special entrance, bottle service, a private waiter and more.
Mandala | Cabo San Lucas
Popular nightclub for late-night partying
- Club-like atmosphere with upbeat music and large dance floor
- Features colorful lighting, V.I.P. tables and resident DJ
- Additional locations in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Playa del Carmen
The Nowhere Bar | Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas’ best kept secret
- A local favorite that has been pouring up drinks for 22 years
- While the bar is smaller and more intimate than a traditional club, it still boasts bottle service with a party atmosphere that stretches across an indoor and outdoor venue
- The bar has never taken a photo of a famous face or published who has visited, making it a favorite spot among celebrities and models
As featured in InMexico magazine 2017.