Six of the best chefs known internationally for their contemporary culinary art will highlight the best in avant-garde cuisine during Grand Velas Riviera Maya’s Best of Cocina de Autor from October 25-28, 2017. The AAA Five Diamond resort has invited chefs Mikel Alonso, Bruno Oteiza, Xavier Pérez Stone, Sidney Schutte, and Josean Alija to share their creative and inspiring cuisine as part of a 10-course tasting menu for 60 diners each evening.
Focusing on the aromas, textures and flavors of Mexican ingredients, the gastronomic event will showcase artful dishes that highlight the best local product. Inclusive of wine pairings from sommelier Eduardo Quiroga, the special tasting menu will be offered over the four nights in the resort’s Cocina de Autor restaurant, the first and only restaurant in the world that’s part of an all-inclusive to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award. Open to the public for $250 per person, the dinner is included complimentary for resort guests in the nightly rate.
Participating chefs include:
- Mikel Alonso and Bruno Oteiza, disciples of Spanish superstar Juan Arzak, owners of Biko in Mexico City and at the helm of Cocina de Autor at Grand Velas Riviera Maya since opening in 2008
- Xavier Pérez Stone, former executive chef and now consulting chef at Cocina de Autor in Grand Velas Riviera Maya who has held the titles of “Best Chef in Mexico” and Canada’s “Iron Chef”
- Sidney Schutte, pupil of Dutch top chef Richard Ekkebus and two star Michelin chef who heads up Grand Velas Los Cabos’ signature Cocina de Autor restaurant, cited among the best new restaurants for 2017 by CNN
- Josean Alija, executive chef of Nerua Guggenheim Bilbao, a one star Michelin restaurant ranked annually among The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
- Nahum Velasco, host of the event and executive chef at Grand Velas Riviera Maya’s Cocina de Autor
For more information, visit: rivieramaya.grandvelas.com