The Riviera Maya is celebrating because in January of this year a new concept in luxury resorts was inaugurated; Palmaïa – The House of AïA is thought and designed for people aware of their emotional, mental and physical well-being who want to live an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful beaches around the world. The newly constructed and one-of-a-kind beachfront retreat offers its guests swim-out suites, jungle spa, four gourmet restaurants, sustainably sourced plant-based cuisine, spectacular beach, four infinity pools, in-suite dining with ocean views and incredibly comfortable beds. Here are 5 of our favorite features which make this hotel one of the best in all of Mexico.
1. The Atlantis Spa, an outdoor jungle spa that features treatments designed to treat emotion rather than physical ailments.
2. All of Palmaïa’s suites are free of all animal products in their amenities and furnishings. The resort´srestaurants feature 100% plant-based menus, with animal protein, add-on options. This philosophy goes hand in hand with the principles that bind Palmaïa and offers guests a sustainable way of dining while away from home.
3. Guests are invited to weekly changing classes such as astrology, gong baths, ancient plant rituals, tai chi and spiritual meditation to discover themselves, all guided by Palmaïa’s healers and shaman.
4. Palmaïa operates the only holistic, fun, children’s activity program in hospitality that is run by certified, Waldorf Educators. Its family suites have special beds for children and are designed to privately cater to each family member’s individual needs, allowing everyone to meet in the middle at their pleasure and ensuring a comfortable and spacious stay.
5. The Architects of Life, Rituals of Sound, restaurants, room service, premium drinks, and personal ‘Nomadic Guides’ tending to guests’ needs are included in the price of the stay as Palmaïa’s Gifting Lifestyle. It enables guests to unwind without the hassle of exchanging funds while on holiday, also encouraging them to make the most of everything that is available.
Extra feature: In May, Palmaïa founded No Home Without Food, a complimentary plant-based meal service to provide healthy food to families in need in the Tulum and Riviera Maya region. The program delivered nutrient-rich food to approximately 2,000 people every day.