You may not be poolside in Mexico but with this refreshing recipe from Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, you can come pretty close.
Hamachi Coconut Ceviche
- 5.6 oz Yellow tail hamachi
- 4 oz Banana chips
- 2 oz Coconut milk
- 1 oz Sliced hearts of palm
- 1/2 oz Bitter lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Red onion
- 1/3 oz Sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 pc Sliced fresh coconut
- 4 grams Chopped garlic
- 2 grams Serrano
- 1 g Sliced scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice fish into small cubes and marinate with salt, pepper, garlic, lime juice, coconut pulp and coconut milk, then let rest.
- Cut serrano pepper in half then thinly slice into half moons without seeds and julienne the scallions and red onion.
- To serve, put sliced hearts of palm on top of the marinated fish, along with the onion, scallions and serrano
- Before serving, add slices of banana chips and decorate the plate with squid ink and edible flowers.