Guacamania is back September 1-21 at Velas Resorts which puts avocados in the spotlight. Enjoy special menu items, avocado craft cocktails, spa treatments, avocado-chocolate turndown amenities and more. An avocado specialist will even be on-hand at each of the resorts to share the fruit’s history and deep tradition and teach on-site classes, sharing techniques to incorporate this ingredient at home, too. If you can’t make it to Mexico in September, Grand Velas Riviera Maya is sharing one of its guests’ favorite recipes for anyone to make at home.
Avocado Chimichurri Fish – Grand Velas Riviera Maya
- 7 oz Fish Fillet
- 3 Avocados, cut into small squares
- 1 Tsp Dill
- 1 Tsp Garlic, Minced
- 1.5 T Cilantro
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ C Whipping Cream
- ½ T Parsley, chopped fine
- ½ T Basil, chopped fine
- ½ C Avocado Oil
- ¼ C Rice Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ C White Wine
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- For the creamy avocado sauce: blend the avocado, dill, ½ garlic, ½ cilantro, lemon and whipping cream until you get a creamy consistency. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the avocado chimichurri: in a small bowl, combine remaining cilantro, parsley, basil, remaining garlic, avocado, avocado oil, rice vinegar and crushed chili. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, add olive oil and butter over medium heat. Brown the fish fillet inside the pan on both sides. To finish cooking, add white wine to the pan and place in the oven at 350° F for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the dish by adding a dollop of creamy avocado to the plate. Top with fish and then the chimichurri.
For more information, visit: guacamania.velasresorts.com