Plunge into these refreshing escapes that offer more than just a quick dip. From pool butlers to lazy rivers, these Mexican oases give new meaning to cooling off.
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita | Punta Mita (pictured above)
Award-winning service at a variety of plunge-worthy pools
- Recently renovated adults-only Tamai pool complex features two main pools, two plunge pools, a whirlpool, a full bar, seven private cabanas, hanging chairs, palm-roofed palapas, a restaurant and tequila lounge
- Stay where you are; the resort’s famous Amphibious Waiters are in the pool taking orders and delivering drinks to guests while Doctor Sunglasses roams the area repairing and cleaning guests’ shades
- Jump in an inner tube and float down the resort’s lazy river that encircles the Oasis complex that houses 23 guest rooms or relax at the family-friendly, free-form, infinity-edged Nuna pool that’s heated and complete with shallow areas
VIP: American Express Travel awarded Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita the “Most Luxurious Beach Service Experience” in 2016.
Las Ventanas al Paraíso, a Rosewood Resort | San Jose del Cabo
First-class views with first-class service
- Stay refreshed with cold towels, complimentary refreshments (like lemongrass popsicles) and mists of frosted Evian spray
- Whether sunning or napping, guests can indicate to pool butlers what time they’d like to be awakened or alerted by using flags (blue and white denoting hours, yellow for half-hours) attached to each hammock located on the sand
- Pool butlers are at hand to escort guests to desired loungers and offer an array of amenities from novels to sunblock
Mexican Siesta: Pool butlers wake guests with the sounds of a teponaztle, an ancient Mexican percussion instrument.
Esperanza, an Auberge Resort | Cabo San Lucas
Prime beachfront setting
- Sprawl out on lounge chairs submerged in the beachfront infinity-edged pool
- Take a dip in the Jacuzzi or step down onto the sandy shores where crashing waves are just a step away
- Float on over to the swim-up bar at La Palapa which serves authentic Mexican cuisine
One & Only Palmilla | San Jose del Cabo
Sprawling selection of refreshing luxury
- Two ocean-view infinity-edged pools, one for families and one for adults
- Agua Pool is adjacent to Agua Bar and features a waterfall, river and children’s pool and is perched on a bluff overlooking the sea below
- The resort’s original pool is the infinity-edged, adults-only Vista Pool complete with a swim-up bar
Get Personal: The resort’s 13 ocean-front suites and two villas, Villa Cortez and Villa One, each include their own private infinity-edged pool.
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa | San Jose del Cabo
An array of sparkling escapes
- Choose from nine pools, including an adults-only pool with a wet bar, a family pool, a salt-water pool and multiple pools for various ages
- Book your stay at the Griffin Club and enjoy a members-only pool that borders the sand and blends into the ocean’s horizon
- Sip cocktails at the swim-up Kaha Bar located at the adults-only pool, complete with a Jacuzzi
Thompson Playa del Carmen | Playa del Carmen
A rooftop oasis of cool days and hot nights
- Savor 360-degree views of the sea and city below from in-water loungers, a swim-up bar and island perches
- Reserve a poolside cabana complete with flat-screen TVs, loungers and full food and beverage service
- Stay for the party; at night the pool area features live music and DJ sets for a hip evening
The Resort at Pedregal | Cabo San Lucas
A pool for everyone
- The centrally located adult pool is located right on the beach near Don Manuel’s and Crudo Beach Bar where you can swim up and order a signature margarita
- Head to the family-friendly pool that’s surrounded by rocky mountainside for a unique atmosphere
- The rock pool is a kid-friendly oasis where lantern lights, serene fountains and child-size chaise lounges accommodate the little ones
As featured in InMexico Magazine 2017.