Jackson Family Wines started out with 500 bottles of Lake County Chardonnay in 1982 and have now expanded to more than 35 individual wineries around the world and boast a wide variety of brands. Now, guests of select Karisma Hotels & Resorts in Mexico’s Riviera Maya have the chance to experience the delicious world of Jackson Family Wines with monthly week-long programs that combine culinary and wine experiences with top chefs and sommeliers from around the world. The Jackson Family Wines Culinary Series, By Karisma takes place the first week of every month throughout 2017 and offers thirsty patrons everything from hands-on epicurean experiences, vertical tastings and education classes to cooking courses, special pairings and elaborate meals and events, including an exclusive Guest Chef and Winemaster’s Dinner.
The program is offered at El Dorado Royale, A Spa Resorts, by Karisma; El Dorado Maroma, A Spa Resort, by Karisma; and Azul Fives Hotel by Karisma. The program is available for $320 for the week-long program and a la carte rates for wines and ad hoc wine and culinary experiences start at $35.
Monday: Wine Country Ocean Front BBQ
6:30 p.m. at the White Gazebo, El Dorado Royale
Meet the renowned chef and praised wine expert of the month. Explore the nuances of various wines and enjoy live music with a BBQ dinner on the sand.
Tuesday: Wine Tasting Class
6:30 p.m. at Bellini’s, El Dorado Casitas Royale
Become a wine connoisseur as you learn all there is to know about wines and pairings. The wine personality will guide guests through the ins and outs of wine while guests can smell and taste various varietals.
$35 per person
Tuesday: Yucatan Meets California
7:30 p.m. at Santa Fe Restaurant, El Dorado Casitas Royale
An exotic culinary experience celebrating the best regional Mexican ingredients paired with fine wines from California in delectable harmony along with a five-course tasting menu.
$45 per person
Wednesday: Chef Showcase
7 p.m. at El Dorado Maroma
The celebrity chef and wine expert will prepare a creative three-course menu, talking through techniques, tips and ingredients.
$30 per person
Thursday: Wine Tasting Class
6:30 p.m. at Club 82, Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa del Carmen
Located at the brand new rooftop bar at Azule Beach Resort The Fives Playa del Carmen, guests can become wine connoisseurs as they learn all there is to know about wine pairings. The expert sommelier will guide guests through all the ins and outs of wine while smelling and tasting various varietals.
$35 per person
Friday: Winemaker’s Gala Dinner & Cocktail
7:30 p.m. at Fuentes Culinary Theatre, El Dorado Royale
Food and wine are the main performers in this delectable experience. The guest chef and wine expert will excite and entertain with culinary tricks as your meal is prepared in front of you while broadcasted on live screens.
$150 per person
- Guest Chef: Chris “CJ” Jacobson, Top Chef
- Wine Personality: Evan Field, Regional Manager, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Donnie Masterton, The Restaurant San Miguel Allende
- Wine Personality: Jose Tenorio, Estate Host, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Benjamin Murry, Pao by Paul Qui, Miami, FL
- Wine Personality: Meagan Reister, National Accounts Director, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Jamie Malone, Grand Cafe, Minneapolis, MN
- Wine Personality: Matt Mitchell, DVP, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Jason Dady, Jason Dady Restaurant Group
- Wine Personality: Jeff Bishop, Region Manager, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Justin Wangler, Jackson Family Wines
- Wine Personality: Irby Wood, Region Manager, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Neal Fraser, Chef/Owner Redbird, Los Angeles, CA
- Wine Personality: Todd Jankowski, Mid Atlantic Region Manager, JFW
- Guest Chef: Brooke Williamson, Chef, Owner Hudson House/Playa Provisions/The Tripel, Da Kikokiko, Los Angeles, CA
- Wine Personality: Mel Lamb, Region Manager, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef David Santos, Um Segredo Supper Club, New York City, NY
- Wine Personality: Lynne Clarke, Director – National Accounts, JFW
- Guest Chef: Chef Will Gilson, Puritan & Co. Boston/Cambridge, MA
- Wine Personality: Michael Jordan, Master Sommelier, JFW
- Guest Chef: E. Michael Reidt, Restaurant Consultant in Miami, FL
- Wine Personality: Mina Belhaj-Rouas, Imports Specialist, Southeast, JFW
- Guest Chef: Zak Pelaccio, Fish & Game, Hudson Valley, New York City, NY
- Wine Personality: Kristen Souliotis, National Accounts Director, JFW
For more information, visit: karismahotels.com/Jackson-Family-Wines