Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, a five-star luxury resort tucked into the lush landscape of the Riviera Nayarit, announces the appointment of Paulina Mercader as Spa Director and the introduction of new wellness programming with fresh spa, fitness and culinary offerings. Mercader will spearhead operations at the newly renovated Apuane Spa and expand the resort’s wellness and fitness portfolio by introducing a new wave of wellness experiences, including myDNA Retreat, a revolutionary program offering individual wellness recommendations based on genetics, and a new spa menu including superfood-filled bento boxes, with vegan and gluten-free options.
Fresh from a multi-million dollar renovation and under the new direction of Spa Director Mercader, the resort will unveil new spa, fitness and culinary offerings including:
- myDNA Retreat: Offered at no other Four Seasons resort worldwide, the program utilises DNA testing to prescribe personalised recommendations to improve skin, diet and overall wellness.
- Air + Water Workouts: New classes include AquaForza, a functional and heart-pumping cardio and strength workout performed on a floating board in the water; and AntiGravity Fitness and Aerial Yoga, classes performed suspended in fitness hammocks that take guests through a series of yoga, Pilates and ballet positions.
- Superfood Spa Menu: Spa guests can indulge in a creative menu of healthy and superfood-filled bento boxes. Options include vegan, Mediterranean, Asian and local flavors and are packed with superfoods such as quinoa, raw cocoa, cactus and fresh fruits and greens. For an elevated take on traditional “spa waters,” the spa menu will include all-natural water enhancement drops by Pure Inventions.
- Exclusive Equipment: Introducing new high-end fitness equipment from Artis, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita is the only resort in Mexico to carry the line offering an integrated and seamless workout experience.
- Toe Astrologer: A certified Master Toe Reader performs a 30-minute toe reading based on the principle that the body physically records “the story of our lives” in the toes, followed by an 80-minute Punta Mita pedicure.
“We take pride in providing our guests with one-of-a-kind experiences and are thrilled to introduce new offerings that focus on treating wellness from within at our newly rejuvenated Apuane Spa,” says John O’Sullivan, General Manager, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. “With the seasoned expertise of Paulina Mercader and the continued focus on meaningful innovation at our spa, we will continue to dream up and offer new luxury wellness experiences for our guests.”
A seasoned wellness professional with over a decade of experience at luxury properties across Mexico, Mercader was previously the spa director at the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen and SENSE a Rosewood Spa in San Miguel de Allende, which was voted the No. 1 spa in Mexico by Condé Nast Traveler during her tenure. She formerly served as spa operations manager at SENSE a Rosewood Spa Mayakoba in Riviera Maya, as well as spa director at the Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Princess. The Mexico City native holds a Masters in Spa Business Administration from La Salle University and a Spa Management certification from the International Spa Association.
“I am thrilled to join the incredible team at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita and incorporate new innovations to the resort’s spa and fitness programming,” says Paulina Mercader, Spa Director, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita. “I look forward to working with our talented and dedicated team to create a wellness experience like no other for our discerning guests in Punta Mita.”
For more information, visit: fourseasons.com/puntamita