Between the desert and the Sea of Cortez is an authentic sanctuary of luxury and comfort: Zadún, which is part of worldwide renown Ritz-Carlton Reserve. It is a resort that seeks to highlight the culture of Mexico in an almost mystical environment surrounded by nature and an atmosphere of peace and renewal; within this paradisiacal property is Alkemia Spa, a wellness center that has a range of personalized treatments based on local naturist traditions.
The therapists of this holistic space shared these amazing recipes of some of the products that are used in massage or facial sessions that can be easily replicated at home to achieve a revitalizing touch on the skin. These unique mixtures will help you to relax and enjoy as if you were in the fabulous Alkemia Spa.
- Turmeric Mask
1 tablespoon of honey
½ cup of plain yogurt
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
• Mix all ingredients.
• Cleanse your skin.
• Make sure your face is uncovered.
• Apply the mask all over the face.
• Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
2. Coffee Scrub Recipe
1 cup of used coffee grounds
1 cup of brown sugar
½ cup organic coconut oil
• Melt the coconut oil and let it cool but not solidify.
• Mix all the ingredients and store them in an airtight container or a glass jar.
• Use 1-2 tablespoons of the coffee body scrub to exfoliate only your body skin and make sure to rinse well.
• Use it 1-2 times a week for best results.
3. Homemade Hand Cream
½ cup coconut oil or shea butter
2 teaspoons sweet almond oil
2 vitamin E capsules
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
2 or 3 drops of your favorite essential oil like orange, lemon or lavender.
• With a hand mixer, mix the butter for a few minutes. Make sure it’s fluffy.
• Add the almond oil and vitamin E. Mix for a few minutes until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
• Add the arrowroot powder little by little and mix until it is not grainy.
• To finish, add the essential oil as a final touch.
• Store in a small glass jar to carry in your pocket.
Photos courtesy of Marriott International.